Friday, September 25, 2009

When Pigs Fly and The Sky Turns Green =]

A poem inspired by the beautful Ashley Marie =]. I hope you like it babe.

Since swine flu became a technicality,
I built a catapult and launched a
cop into the sky while bombing our names

over the azure with green krylon,
making sure to cover every spec of blue.
A tall task to take for my 5’7 stature

But I did it for you, because I asked you,
“When can we be together?”
and you sarcastically replied

“When pigs fly and the sky turns green =)”
Hands raised in victory when
the cop hit the ground, the spray-paint

dripped back to earth, and you told me
you loved me. I think about that a lot
nowadays, when

we play our little games, monopolizing
the pants in our relationship, our words
are saying one thing but our bodies are

playing charades, and now we can’t even
connect , for some reason or another.
I’m board of these games.

I - was 20 minutes late for something
You – dragged me to, and now
You and I become so far apart even

the alphabet betrays us. Sometimes
I wants to get in car and run over
letters J through T, all for you.

Because I remember a time, even if
only for a few seconds, Pigs flew, the
sky was green, and you told me you loved me.

No comments:

Post a Comment